Elisa Sullivan, the only vampire born, daughter of the famous (or is it infamous?) Merit and Ethan Sullivan of Cadogan House, is embarking on her own life and her own adventures in Paris, but circumstances bring her back to Chicago and plop her smack dab in the middle of a crisis. Taking advantage of her unique position, Elisa dives head first into a mystery, risking her relationship to Cadogan House and to her childhood tormentor, Connor Keene, Prince of the Pack, and sexy but infuriating shifter.
I asked Chloe several questions about this new series, and the cagey author wouldn’t answer all of them. Here are the two she did answer
- Did you choose the name Elisa for any specific reason? It means consecrated by God, so it is very beautiful both in sound and meaning.
Elisa is named after one of Ethan’s sisters, who was mentioned briefly in an earlier Chicagoland Vampires novel. I found the name many years ago when I was researching historic Swedish first names. I tend to think the character chooses the name, as that’s definitely what happened here.
- Will we ever get to see things from Connor’s perspective, or will the stories all be told from Elisa’s? The epilogue was a tantalizing peek at that possibility.
It’s a possibility. It’s challenging to meld a first-person story with sneak peeks from another character’s perspective.
Here are the questions she wouldn’t answer… 🙂
- I noticed that Elisa didn’t refer to the monster as a “she” until the end. Was that on purpose, and if so, why?
- I sense a lot of trouble coming for the Pack with Connor’s attraction to Elisa. Will Elisa’s inner monster be important to bridging that huge divide? I like how Connor can relate to Elisa’s internal monster because of his double nature. That was very clever.
- Qu’est-ce qu se passe avec les Francais? What’s up with the French? Why did they leave Elisa there? I’d be a lot more upset that Elisa seemed to be. Bâtards.
So, we will need to wait for the next book to learn the answers. Tricksy, author.
If you loved Merit and Ethan, pick up Wild Hunger!
By Chloe Neill
Berkley Trade Paperback
$15.00 / 352 pages
August 14, 2018
Praise for Wild Hunger
“Fans of urban fantasy will find their new favorite heroine in quick-witted, tough Elisa.”—Publishers Weekly
“Fans of Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires series will rejoice to see the next generation in their spin-off. Featuring her trademark snarky characters and colorful backgrounds, this is a fun and action-packed urban fantasy launch.”—Library Journal
“Fans of the Chicagoland Vampires will be delighted by this new series, and all fans of urban fantasy should give it a try.”—Booklist